I’ll be honest! Shopping for a portable dishwasher, sometimes feels a little like rummaging through a bunch of consolation prizes. For some small homes and apartments with limited space, purchasing the conventional full-sized dishwasher is not ideal. This does not mean that these homeowners should have to rely solely on hand-washing their dishes. If you are one of such home-owners who cannot do without the convenience of a dishwasher, a countertop dishwasher is ideal for you. For this dishwasher type, the Danby Countertop Dishwasher seems like a great compromise. It offers simple connections to the kitchen tap and a durable, stainless steel interior in a simple, compact counter-top design. This review will look at the function of this model and help you decide whether or not this would be the perfect pick for you.
Danby Countertop Dishwasher
The manufacturer of the Danby countertop dishwasher – Danby, is a reputable electronics company that produces high-quality kitchen appliances. The Danby Countertop Dishwasher is a model of thorough efficiency; space efficient, energy efficient, and very cost efficient. Considering its small size and low water consumption, the DDW611WLED offers a much better cleaning performance than you might expect. Although there are a couple of minor niggles (as with every appliance in the world), it performs rather well for a countertop model and is an ideal model for you if you are in the market for a portable dishwasher.
Why Do You Need a Countertop Dishwasher?
The countertop dishwashers may have as many benefits as the full-sized dishwashers. There are still several amazing reasons that you can purchase one for yourself. It saves you the hassles of hand washing, doesn’t need much space due to its compact size, can fit into any space and compared to the full sized, it is not techy to install at all.
Specifications of Danby Countertop Dishwasher
|Item Weight||50 pounds|
|Product Dimensions||19.7 x 21.6 x 17.2|
|Item model number||DDW611WLED|
|Special Features||Delay-Wash, Stainless-Steel Tube|
Danby Countertop Dishwasher Key Features
- Compact body fits easily on the countertop
- Holds up to 6 place settings
- Quick connect adaptor works with any kitchen sink
- Low water consumption per cycle (3.17 gallons)
- 6 programmable settings ( light, normal, heavy, speed, soak and glass)
- LED display
- All electronic pushbutton controls
- Adjustable rinse aid dispenser
- Automatic detergent dispenser
- Stainless steel interior
- Comes with a user manual in English, Spanish and French translations
Setting up the dishwasher is also very straightforward – it draws water directly from the faucet so there is no unnecessary plumbing involved during installation. It utilizes about 3.17 gallons (12 liters) of water for a normal cycle, which is a prudent alternative to the regular dishwashers that use about 4-8 gallons per cycle – and let’s not talk about doing it by hand; that would require about 17 gallons of water if not more.
Benefits of Danby Countertop Dishwasher
- It’s also designed for quick and easy installation. You’d find that it is very cost effective
- Easy to clean and maintain.
- The racks on the Danby Countertop Dishwasher are much better than you would expect. The top rack has a set of folding tines and two folding mini-shelves for cooking tools.
- It comes with 6 different cycles each of which can be monitored and programmed through the LED display.
- The wash cycles include normal, glass, soak, light, heavy and speed. ItFor this particular model the company offers 12 months warranty.
- Danby Countertop Dishwasher is Energy Star certified and as such, uses less energy than dishwashers without the certification.
- Automated water temperature balance system. This adds the correct amount of hot and cold water to ensure the proper temperature.
- The Danby countertop dishwasher features a delay start option that allows you to set the Danby dishwasher to turn on at a later time.
- Hard Food Filter which grinds solid food into particles that are small enough to fit through the filter thus eliminating the need for rinsing dishes thoroughly before washing.
- The dishwasher also features a battery operation option. This feature makes it the perfect choice for an RV (Recreational Vehicle) or a camper.
- This dishwasher model could be a good fit for homeowners in areas where there may be hard water since it has a tray for water-softening salts.
Like I mentioned earlier, the Danby isn’t as big a brand as Kenmore or Bosch. Getting parts or service might not be as easy as you may like.
A bigger problem, however, is that the power cord is only 5 feet long. If you don’t have an outlet within 7 feet of your faucet, you’ll probably need to buy an extension cord, but that’s the story of most portable dishwashers.
The Danby Countertop Dishwasher does not have a heated dry cycle. Hence, if you want dry dishes, you’ll need to use rinse aid.
Finally, and perhaps most terrifyingly, the external design is too straightforward. The Danby Countertop Dishwasher is only currently available in white.
So, Buy or No?
While it is true that if you are in the market for a space-saving compact dishwasher, you may have to deal with a few issues regarding the capacity and the number of cycles needed to get all your dishes done and it is truly no different with this model, if you are happy to work, in short, daily loads and to play around with the way that the crockery is loaded, this could be a great choice.
Owners will definitely enjoy this appliance in their kitchen. Its stainless steel interior is easy to clean and durable and overall the Danby Countertop Dishwasher is a great solution if space in your kitchen is at a premium – certainly, load size is sacrificed, but cleaning performance is not, and it does just as a good a job as a regular full-sized dishwasher.
This product has a rating of 4.1 and 355 mixed feelings reviews on Amazon. So many users commended its ease of operation amongst other amazing features. Some users reported receiving the product with a design problem or a defective unit. A few others also reported that despite the quick delivery of the package, it already had some damages such as dents on both its backsides. That should probably be the reason why they experienced a high pitch sound coming from the dishwasher. The timer seemed to stop counting down too, causing the washing cycle to go on without stopping.
For more reviews on this product, please click to go to Amazon.