Although they were once considered a specialty item, 18 Inch dishwashers are becoming more and more prevalent.They appear to be the perfect solution for apartment dwellers or individuals with limited kitchen space/on a tight budget. At the average price of $300 – $500, you could literally buy yourself time. Because of the popularity of these models, it might be a bit of a hassle to decide on what manufacturers to purchase; Frigidaire FFBD1821MS 18-inch Stainless Steel Built-In Dishwasher is a unique model that stands out amid similarly priced dishwashers. One of its many perks includes it has a generous capacity of 8 place settings (which could hold even more of the plates aren’t bulky). Other amazing features of this dishwasher will be included in this review. Let’s help you make up your mind!
Frigidaire FFBD1821MS 18-inch Stainless Steel Built-In Dishwasher
Frigidaire FFBD1821MS 18-inch Stainless Steel Dishwasher is small but mighty – a top built-in performer in both cleaning and drying, and an energy miser compared to other 18-inch dishwashers. The stainless-steel drum is a nice upgrade at this price point in an 18-inch built-in dishwasher. In spite of its small footprint, it boasts 6 wash cycles and the option to turn off the heated dry to save even more energy. It may seem like small sized but it is actually a powerhouse. When you start using it, you see it becomes one of the most attractive kitchen appliances. It is efficient and Energy Star rated, manufactured by Frigidaire, a popular American brand of consumer and commercial appliances.
Specifications of Frigidaire FFBD1821MS 18-inch Stainless Steel Built-In Dishwasher
- Type: Built-in
- Control type: Electronic
- Number of place settings: 12
- Number of wash cycles: 6
- Tub material: Stainless steel
- Rack material: Nylon
- Delay wash: Yes
- Food disposer: Yes
- Soil sensor: Yes
- Child lock: No
- Noise level: 58 dBA
- Energy Star compliant: Yes
- NSF certified: Yes
- Color: Stainless
- Dimensions: 32-1/2 to 35-1/4 (h) by 17-5/8 to 18 (w) by 22-1/2 (d)
Key Features of Frigidaire FFBD1821MS 18-inch Stainless Steel Built-In Dishwasher
- Among the remarkable features of the dishwasher is a delay start, a China & Crystal and Heavy Wash cycles and high temperature wash. It also has the option to turn off the heat dry option to save energy. Owners say this compact dishwasher works very well, both in cleaning and drying; although a few say it leaves some things quite wet. Still, most say they are very happy with this Frigidaire. It also has a stainless steel, rather than plastic, tub, which is a very nice feature at this price point.
- Minimal Noise Complaints At 59 dBA, it’s not the quietest dishwasher in this report, but most don’t’ seem bothered. As we see with almost any item we review that makes any kind of noise, volume is highly objective.
- Most love its very good cleaning performance and say it’s surprisingly spacious for such a small dishwasher, even accommodating larger plates and platters on the lower rack.
- The Frigidaire FFBD1821MS 18-inch Stainless Steel Built-In Dishwasher is both attractive and packed with features. It’s stainless steel inside and out, and has six wash cycles, including Light, China & Crystal and Heavy Wash cycles. There is also a delay start that is popular with users. The FFBD1821MS is very energy efficient, costing an estimated $30 per year to run, but there is also the option to turn off the heat dry to save even more energy. Users say it’s a top performer both in washing and drying, although a few complain that plastics don’t get dry — a common problem with all dishwashers.
Pros – And a Few Other Reasons to Love the Frigidaire FFBD1821MS 18-inch Stainless Steel Built-In Dishwasher
- It fits well even in small kitchens
- It is very easy to install
- It’s reasonably priced
- It’s an Energy Star Rated product
- This dishwasher also has a delay start feature that adds convenience
- Good performer
- Energy Star certified
- Six wash cycles
- Stainless steel interior
- Its interior and exterior are both made of high quality stainless steel which ensures its durability
- Unlike the countertop, it doesn’t consume space on your kitchen counter.
- It is very quiet and only gives a beep sound once it’s done washing
- Cleaning is very fast and super-efficient. There is no mark left after the wash.
Cons – But Not Deal-breakers
- Pricier than a comparable full-sized unit
- A larger family would appreciate a 12 place setting.
- It’s a little bit heavy.
What People Are Saying
Frigidaire FFBD1821MS 18-inch Stainless Steel Built-In Dishwasher has a 3.6 out of 5-star rating with 55 customer reviews on Amazon. Most of the reviews were positive. They commended the size of the dishwasher; the fact that it saves space and uses less amount of water. Others complained about the terms and conditions as regards to the warranty of the product amongst others.
For more reviews on this product, please click to go to Amazon.
Worthy to Note:
Read the instructions before loading the Frigidaire FFBD1821MS 18-inch Stainless Steel Built-In Dishwasher. Some who complained about the small capacity of this 18-inch dishwasher were advised by Frigidaire to read the instructions for loading the dishes that are in the owner’s manual, and users say that definitely helped them maximize the dishwasher’s capacity. Others have no problems at all with the size, and say it’s perfect for a couple or a small family. The silverware basket has slots to keep the flatware separated.
So, Buy or No?
Frigidaire FFBD1821MS 18-inch Stainless Steel Built-In Dishwasher offers smooth performance that’s matched by an elegant design. An interior control panel and tasteful external display will go well in any modern kitchen, and the strong performance of its Normal and Heavy Wash cycles will serve most cleaning needs. Our main issues, however, were with the nearly two-hour wash cycle and the cheap looking plastic interior.
Plus it is very quiet and only gives a beep sound once it’s done washing.
Overall, in this price range, this dishwasher is a steal.
So, I’d say yes – absolutely yes.